Facilitating Your Career Transformation
Career Coaching Services can encompass the whole range from finding out your ideal career path, finding a new job, moving into self-employment, creating business success to ongoing support with projects, leadership, communication and social skills, people management and teamwork skills. I also work a lot with performance related issues including supporting people on Performance Improvement Plans (PIPs). My clients have included individuals who work for companies such as Google, Facebook, Apple, Netflix, Yahoo, LinkedIn, Medtronic etc., creative technology start-ups such as Splunk and Basis Science, Universities such as UC Berkeley, Stanford, Santa Clara University, JFK University and California Institute of Integral Studies.
If you are wanting to find a job, we might work on
- determining what work you'll love
- assessing your strengths and areas of development, using assessment tools and inquiry
- identifying roadblocks to success
- creating the best possible resume and cover letter
- effectively using job search and networking sites such as indeed and linkedIn
- networking and other ways to meet hiring managers
- preparing for interviews (video-based)
- negotiating your salary
If you are looking to move into self-employment, we might work on
- defining your niche
- setting up your business
- marketing your business, including utilizing social networking, setting up a blog, getting a newsletter
- engaging in networking
- writing proposals
If you are a working professional who already has a job or a business, we might work on
- managing stress and anxiety and creating a more sustainable work and lifestyle
- finding greater fulfillment and satisfaction in your work
- improving focus, attention and energy management
- improving your leadership skills and teamwork abilities
- resolving conflicts at work
- managing complex projects with ease (on-going project support)
- planning out your career path; getting promoted; moving into a management/leadership role; job change/transitions
- managing performance issues in yourself and your direct reports
Other topics we might work on include
- going back to School
- cross-cultural issues and immigration. I help people from other countries thrive in Silicon Valley and elsewhere in the US. I also work with Americans who (want to) live abroad. I address immigration and visa-related questions and refer, when needed to immigration lawyers.
I also offer a limited number of Get-To-Work-Packages reserved for those who have recently been laid off or have been out of work for a while and who wish to find what they truly desire to do. It's also for freelancers who wish to get more work or more fulfilling work. Please talk to me to see if you might qualify.
Personal Growth Coaching
I do not believe in work-life balance because it implies a separation between work and life. You work all day and then you go home and can start to live. I believe in creating work that fulfills you and that is an integral part of your life. Therefore, Personal Growth Coaching is an integral part of all career coaching but could have a focus on other aspects of life such as
- Creativity and Self-Expression
- Authenticity and Presence
- Motivation and Full Engagement
- Happiness and Fulfillment
- Immigration and relocation concerns
- Living in times of uncertainty
- Holistic Health and Well-Being (including stress release and relaxation)
I work one-on-one, with dyads (manager, direct report) and teams.
I see clients in person out either in my Berkeley or Palo Alto/Mountain View offices and also provide phone and Google Hangout or Skype sessions as well as email support. No matter where in the world you are, I will work with you. I also conduct coaching in my native language German and have helped many German employees in Silicon Valley and Americans preparing to move to Germany.
My Coaching Approach: Facilitating your transformation into your fully-embodied presence.
Deeply inspired by system theories and cybernetic & constructivist philosophies on the one hand and pragmatic BodyMind approaches as well as expressive arts and other experiential non-verbal approaches on the other hand, I use intuitive, holistic/integrative, solution-focused and somatic approaches to facilitate your creative life and career transformation.
I might give advise, but ultimately, only you yourself know best what's right for you. In a supportive and empowering way, I help you become more aware of yourself and what you want from life. I assist you in finding out who you truly are and getting where you would like to be based on your own inner strengths, resources and capabilities.
Our work will go deep and thus be more transformative, lasting, sustainable in that we will also address somatic aspects, including your emotions. This will result in fully-embodied solutions that are coming from your true authentic self.
The Center for Personal Growth has access to a vast network of practitioners in the areas of personal growth and holistic health and well-being and as needed we can bring in the right person for you at any time.
Coaching is not therapy nor do we promise any cure. If you have any doubts, please consult with your medical doctor and/or therapist.
Coaching sessions need to be canceled 48 hours before the start of the session. If you cancel less than 48 hours, we will charge the full session price.